- June 9, 2014
- Posted by: John Fischer
- Category: Accredited Investors
When raising money through a private offering, an investor lead list can give you the tools you need in order to pitch your investment opportunity and successfully raise capital. Without a list of investors or an existing database, it will be difficult to promote your offering. We can help you to reach accredited investors and deliver a quality list that you can use both now and in the future.
Once you have obtained an investor lead list from www.accreditedinvestorleads.com it is time to market to those investors. Creating an overall marketing strategy is essential for ensuring that prospective investors learn about your opportunity and get excited enough to engage with you. Here are our suggestions for running an effective marketing campaign.
- Create your pitch deck. This should include all of the key points about your opportunity. Use your private placement as a starting point and pull out key data, facts, information, talking points and industry jargon. Create a short, yet effective pitch deck that you can use as a reference tool going forward.
- Build your website. Unless you are issuing an offering under Reg D 506c you are not allowed to advertise your offering. You can, however, create a website or landing page for your specific company that provides information on the industry. You can direct people from your investor lead list to the site for more information. By showing them information on the booming nature of your industry, they will likely become more inclined to learn about what you are specifically trying to do. Include a call to action buttons so they can request more information.
- Make sales calls. Contact your investor lead list and start to cultivate relationships over the phone. This is an easy way to start approaching people and open up a dialogue. Remember, every call you make should be about the investor and how participating in your opportunity will benefit them. Whether discussing their retirement goals, dreams of the future, or desire to grow their portfolio. Take the time to understand who they are and what makes them tick. This will help you to be a better sales person in the long run. Use a tracking software to document whom you have spoken to, where they are in the process, and what you need to do to close the deal.
- Send out letters. Mail a letter out to everyone on your investor lead list. A letter isn’t intimidating and gives people the opportunity to research the industry and your company. Include key points, using bold font to make them stand out. This can be about industry growth, market trends, or anything else you think will be exciting and useful. Follow up with a phone call a couple of days later. Your name will still be fresh in their mind, and you can ask if they received your letter.
- Ask for referrals. Whether an investor pulls the trigger or not, ask if they know anyone that would be interested in learning more about your opportunity. You can grow your investor lead list and secure more capital by simply asking for it.
Create your plan, buy your investor lead list, and start calling today. Follow a set strategy and experience success.